"We all have a lot of things to live with, but what do we live for?"
"If it is to be, it is up to me"
- If you don’t decide for yourself what you want to get out of life, someone else will end up deciding for you. Thus, "If it is 2 be, it is up 2 me".
- You don’t have to live your life the way other people expect. It's your life, and yours only. For me personally, after graduating as valedictorian in Australia and with great professional experience from several countries and companies, conventional thought and expectations were that I was going to accept one of the good job offers that I received and start to work for a big corporation. I decided otherwise. I jumped into the unknown — down the entrepreneurial path — taking the chance to completely focus on what I want to create and do. It would simply torment me my whole life if I didn't give it a go. Thoughts like "What IF I did it?", "Why did I let my inner voice drown out?" etc. would haunt me forever. All in all, should all my entrepreneurial endeavours fail, I can still look back with pride and tell myself that I tried (although I hope I succeed!).
- Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show. We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like. To put it bluntly, hardly anyone has ever uttered on their deathbed that their biggest regret was not getting that specific luxurious handbag, a fancy sports car or continuously had the newest iPhone. No, it rather comes down to family, friends & experiences, and equally, it all comes down to what we didn't do as opposed to regretting things we've done. Think about it — that day when you'll be old and grey — what do you want to reminisce about? And what do you absolutely not want to regret not having done? Think long and hard, and act accordingly.
I hope you decide to do what truly makes you happy.
Why Create This Blog?
Why a Bucket List?
Should you ever want to get in contact you may certainly do so!
In general, when I'm not traveling the world and making checks off my bucket list (or finding new items for yours), I'm working on my startup-related projects which are many and diverse, ranging from:
- working on a small startup aimed at connecting travellers connect with sustainable travel activities in South East Asia, called Volentos.
- being TA, at University of Hong Kong, for 70+ students interning for social businesses, called the SVM course.
- creating an interactive, free step-by-step guide and website to help young individuals succeed at starting an online business, called LiveMVP.
- creating a social tax-exempt entity in Hong Kong aimed at empowering youth and excelling entrepreneurship, particularly by becoming a social incubator, co-working space, thought leader and more, called Foundation for Shared Impact.
- being a board member at Soap Cycling, a social business that recycles soap from hotels and distributes to those who need it the most across Asia.
- leading a jewellery company called Ejj Jewellery.
- while this is more of a hobby, I'm building websites for various connections on a frequent basis.
- helping companies enter China and all that it entails, plus other consulting-related activities
- creating a hybrid model between charitable fundraising and the IPO process, called Social IPO (hiatus).
- starting an ed-tech startup that aim's to revolutionise teaching and learning, by integrating virtual reality and more, called Ademiq(hiatus).
Phew.. If that didn't bore you to death then you are welcome to connect with me on a professional level through my LinkedIn account.
If you’d like to support the project, simply pass it on to someone who might be interested.